I believe that part of being a parent is to take embarrassing pictures of your kids to show their friends when they get older…snicker..snicker! My mom did it when I was a teenager and I’m sure I’ll do it when my girls get older! I don’t think this is as embarrassing as the picture my mom used (yes mom, you know the one I’m talking about) but I’m sure Lilly will be mortified when I pull it out to show her first boyfriend.
Ok so now onto potty training. At the end of June I decided that I was done changing toddler sized diapers (I really didn’t realize how big they were until I started changing newborn diapers again), and I needed to take advantage of Raelynn napping so much during the day. We rolled up the rug in the playroom, took off all diapers, and confined ourselves to the hard floors in the house for a whole week! I won’t go too much into the details, but Lilly did great. She has been diaper free when she is awake since we started this whole adventure. What is my secret you ask. Bribery..haha Lilly rarely gets candy so we bought her a bag of peanut butter m&m’s and put them in a clear container on the bathroom counter, then told her she could have one every time she went potty on the big girl potty. She sat on the potty for most of the first day trying to get candy.



1 comment:
LMBO!!! I have some of the same shots of Mike when he was a baby. So totally love the M&M bribery - whatever words... little boys are so easy --- Mike got to "whip it out" in the yard and was lovin it... then we tossed cheerios in the toilet and let him "aim". I guess I could have let him EAT the cheerios instead of trying to sink them... never thought of that . . .
YEA LILLY! YOU GO GIRL!
Post a Comment