Wednesday, September 2, 2009

4 Month Stats..a little late

Sorry it has taken me so long to post Lilly's 4 month stats and achievements..it has been a crazy weird month here. Our laptop has gone kaput, and that is where I kept all of my pictures and videos. Mike and I had to do CPR on the computer and it worked just long enough to get all of my goodies off, I have learned my lesson, keep all important stuff on the external hard drive :)

At her 4 month appointment Lilly weighed 15.3 lbs and was 24.5 inches long. She is in the 80%tile in weight and 50%tile in length. Of course we knew all along we would have a short child..look at Mike and I, we aren't the tallest people on the planet. She also started rolling over on her tummy to sleep and she scared the poop out of me a couple of times when I saw her sleeping face down! I guess she just likes the way her sheets smell :) She is also starting to sit up more, she can sit for a couple of seconds unassisted and then the topples over to the side or forwards and eats her feet, quite literally.



I can't believe she didn't wake up when I took this picture :) This is the very first time she slept on her tummy!




"Pooh Bear, Winney the Pooh Bear"


We also had another UTI..my poor baby started running a fever with no other symptoms and I knew almost instantly that meant it was another UTI. So we went to the doctor and the did a catheter to get a "clean" urine sample and they ran some tests and yup it was another UTI. Then she had an adverse reaction to the amoxicilin, poor thing puked like 5 times in two days, so we went back to the doctor to get a shot of antibiotics and a new prescription. We got a call later that day saying the lab left out a test, so we had to go back to the doctor (third time in one week) to get another catheter urine sample. That was the hardest thing in the world, I know it must have been painful for her, she screamed her little head off..but daddy was there to pick her up as soon as they were done. We finally got the last results back and the UTI had cleared! We thought we were going to have to go to the urologist to get an renal ultrasound and have dye injected in her kidneys to check for any anatomical problems, but the doctors said to wait, that this UTI just may have been because of the monster dirty diaper (I suspected this all along).



This is almost an obligatory sick picture in our house. Poor baby was so hot I only had her in a diaper!


Napping in her swing..sick as a puppy dog!


Now on the monster dirty diaper :) We started Lilly on rice cereal every other day to get her accustomed to eating solids and sitting in her high chair. She loves love loves the rice cereal, I think it is mainly because it is mixed with her favorite thing in the world breast milk! Well she went about 5 days without pooping, then all of a sudden one day her body caught up with her. I'll leave out the details here as to not embarrass Lilly :) But yeah, I think that is why she got another UTI.



First Cereal Picture! It was more like soup but Lilly loved it!



1 comment:

Geri said...

Lilly sure does make rice cereal mixed with breast milk look good. At one point, she looked like a snapping turtle trying to grab at the spoon.
Do you have any still shots of her first "big girl" meal? I would love to scrap it.

Also--- have you lost weight? In the photo with you cuddeling Lilly, your face is looking so slender.

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter