
So this is what I'm hoping to make..something similar at least!
Now onto the schedule part: As most of my friends know I'm very anal retentive when it comes to a lot of things, I'm a list maker, schedule maker, and plan aheader (not a word I know). Since the arrival of Lilly I have found that I can't be nearly as anal retentive as I was and it has made me relax some on my normal tendencies, which is not a bad thing at all. For instance I now don't wake up and pick up the house I wake up and change Lilly's diaper and feed her. But I'm having a hard time figuring out Lilly's schedule or at least her cues for being sleepy. The only thing that has been a constant for about a month now has been bed time..she gets fed every night between 7:30 and 8:00pm then goes to bed afterwards. She eats just about every three hours while she's awake, but I can't figure out this nap thing. So for the last 3 days I have been writing down every time she takes a nap longer than 15 minutes. I'm still working on it, but it looks like she's up at 6:30am, and then naps at 7:30am..the rest is starting to make a pattern but I'm not sure what it is just yet. I'm not trying to force my baby into any kind of schedule by any means, I'm trying to figure out he cues and follow them, so I can at least know what to expect next. Well for the time being I know her nap times will change again soon, but until then I will at least be able to expect what's next!
My beautiful baby napping in her swing...this has cured fussy fussy baby countless times and it makes her happy so I can go to the bathroom, eat and at times clean the house :)
My beautiful sleeping baby in her co-sleeper, that we don't use as a co-sleeper :) I was so scared when we first brought her home that she was going to roll over in her sleep and suffocate that I ordered this, its a positioner and co-sleeper and it put my mind at ease! It also folds up and has a handle so you can take it places for baby to nap in..no more making a pillow fortress or bringing a pack n' play, well at least until 4 months when she grows out of this. It may look like she's grown out of it but she went through a stage where she wanted her head up against everything I guess it was a womb thing kind of like swaddling (which she hated).
**on a side note, after re-reading this I have realized that I am a totally random person (yes April I know) and that I am a terrible speller!



2 comments:
randon person or not ... I am glad you are doing this. I loved seeing the photos of Lilly!! I have a friend who made a wrap for her babies ... do you want me to check with her to get any input for your project?
Oh yea... as soon as you figure out what Lilly's schedule is --- she will change it. Get used to this, it will only last about 25 years. LOL
And I suck at spelling too --- and grammar ... thats why all my sentences have dots and dashes --- thats the readers signal to pause and change directions - LOL... Next time you post, in the little menu above the text, there is a blue checkmark with ABC... its a spell checker - or in my case--- its a life saver!!!
i made a moby, cost me about $6 and had i cut it right the first time i could have made 3 out of it. instead i had 2 for me and then extra fabric that i used to make Collin into a baby burrito and i made Connor a mini wrap to wear his bear. i just tagged a few FB picts for you to see.
http://www.wearyourbaby.com/
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html
those are both good site for homemade baby carriers and the moby website has great step by step pictures for learing how to use a wrap
Post a Comment