Thursday, May 28, 2009

Much Needed Update


Ok, so I totally forgot I had this. I thoroughly enjoy blogging so let's see if I can keep this updated and figure it out. Alright update time....



August 2008 --
Mike found out that we were able to transfer to New Orleans out of Chicago. We found out that we were going to have a BABY! And we came to Baton Rouge for a friends wedding and looked for houses in LaPlace

I was so excited I took two tests!


Our first ultrasound! Right about 6 weeks


Sept. 2008 --
We moved to LaPlace. Got our house all situated and settled in.





October 2008--
Nothing really new; pregnant and nesting..that's about it




15 weeks..this week you are the size of an orange :)


November 2008--
April came to visit, oh how I missed my "framily"!! We had a wonderful time, we spent a day in New Orleans and a day in Baton Rouge.

My Dad lost his long long battle with addiction. Although I was totally distraught over the passing of my dad I can now say that he is in a better place and no longer in pain.

We also found out that the little jelly bean in my tummy is a girl...we immediately knew that her first name is Lilly but couldn't decide on a middle name. I guess it's like they say one door closes only for another to open up.
April and I in front of Mike the tiger at LSU

December 2008--Our first Christmas back in Louisiana and man it was nice to be able to spend it with family


24 weeks...Lilly's first Christmas


January 2009--

We took maternity pictures.

This is one of my favorties!


The "framily" came to visit for my baby shower, which was great! I love my family and friends they were so good to us! Miss Lilly has a lot of people who love her!


All of the "framily" back together again Dawn painted my belly!


February 2009--


We had another baby shower in DeRidder with Mike's family..even more people who love Lilly. Happy Valentines day and lots of physical therapy for my back, man this kid is already hurting me!


March 2009--


You know how they say the bigger the better? Well I beg to differ, I never thought it was possible to have such a big belly.


36 Weeks...Holy tummy batman can that thing get any bigger


37 Weeks at Emily's baby shower, she was 34 weeks at that point and I won the belly bumping competition :)




April 2009--

My due date came and went..oh I couldn't imagine life not being pregnant at that point in time. April 7th I went to the doctor and he did an ultrasound to see how big she was and Miss Lilly came in at a whopping 8 lbs and 12 oz. So I immediately asked him to induce me! Mike and I went to the hospital at 7:30 that evening and they induced me at 5:00 the next morning. They finally told me I could start pushing at 5:00pm and I tried that for oh 3 hours! Miss Lilly was "sunny-side up" meaning she was facing up and not down, which makes it harder for her to make her entrance into the world. So after 3 long hours of pushing my doctor decided to do a c-section. And at 8:05pm Miss Lilly entered the world screaming her little cone head off! She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz at 21 inches long. And after a day in the hospital we finally decided on a middle name..drum roll please...introducing Miss Lilly Kate!

Daddy got to introduce me to the familyMy poor baby had a cone head after being stuck for 3 hours!

"Love at First Sight"

We are finally getting used to life at home with a baby, living off of little sleep but loving it.


May 2009--


My first mother's day, it was great I spent it with my mom, her boyfriend and Mike. I now can't imagine life without my beautiful Lilly aka; monkey, Lilly Bug, sugar beez and many many more . So far this month we have had our first coo's, ahh's and ooh's and our first real smile. She smiles at momma, daddy and the fan. After much pain and agony I have finally gotten the hang of breastfeeding and Lilly has been sleeping a lot longer through the night. Most nights its 5-6 hours at a time but we have gotten lucky twice where she slept 7 hours straight. At this month's doctors appointment she weighed an even 10 lbs, and was 22 inches long!


Here is Miss Lilly in her beautiful Mother's Day dress




Lilly LOVES bath time, I finally got my picture to show all of her boyfriends


First time sleeping in her crib.



1 comment:

Geri said...

I love the update! And the pictures of Lilly are beautiful! One day, she will look back over this blog and be able to retrace her life accomplishmnets. Thats so cool!!! I love that you are blogging - it makes it easier to be a part of all of Lilly's "first".

love yall!!!!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter