Saturday, May 30, 2009

Success!

Ok so my adventure went great yesterday! Lilly and I went to Joann Fabrics and got what we needed to make the wraps. It is a little labor intensive to make these because you have to cut 5 yards of fabric lengthwise twice and because I decided to add the front panel that required some more sewing.

The wraps are made out of a knit blend fabric, it feels like t-shirt sheets but not as stretchy. The edges are not hemmed or surged, but they will not fray.

So far Lilly likes it, it did take some getting used to on her part but once she was, she loved it! She actually fell asleep on me this morning as I was walking around the house and picking up. She also loves chewing and sucking on the fabric that is going over my shoulders that is her pacifier.
This one is just one solid color

This one is the same color and fabric as the one above but with an extra linen panel. It is still one piece of fabric so it is just as durable as the one above. I hope that the panel achieves its purpose, it is supposed to keep that middle area from stretching (one of the top complaints of the regular Moby users)

She does sink down some and settle a bit lower than shown here but it doesn't seem like she is going to fall our or anything. Lilly actually prefers her arms and legs out, I wish I would have taken a picture of her like that..maybe later.
I looked up youtube videos to figure out how to tie it and that was pretty easy, she feels safe, secure and it doesn't feel like there is a 10+ lbs baby on your chest/tummy. So far it doesn't seem too hot, I carried her around for about an hour earlier as a test and no complaints so far.
I'm going to keep testing these out and make sure they stay safe and don't stretch too much. I know they won't rip because there are no seams to rip under pressure. I hope this works I actually enjoyed making them last night!!




1 comment:

Geri said...

Girl! When you set your mind to something you flat get it done! I can't believe you did all this that fast... thats awesome! I have a sewing machine if you need to borrow it to close up any lose edges.. my machine has never seen fabric - only paper - so this may shock it LOL

You did a great job and Lilly looks quite comfy!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter