Thursday, April 15, 2010

1st Birthday Bubble Party Success!!

This past Saturday we packed our house with lots of friends and family to celebrate a BIG accomplishment…we made it through Lilly’s 1st year! Yay!!  We had a bubble party, with bubbles, balls, a bubble machine, some round food and even a bubble cake!  Although a lot of the guests did not really see “circles” like I did, but it was fun to plan.  On the menu was fruit salad with melon balls, meatballs a la bbq sauce, a cheese ball, deviled eggs and pasta salad with wagon wheel pasta, cherry tomatoes, black olives and mini pepperonis.  Ok so maybe I went a tad over board but I love the idea of a themed party.  I also went out on a limb and made the cake myself.  Twelve hours of cooking and decorating, and about 3 major meltdowns made a beautiful cake if I must say so myself! 

IMG_2816 IMG_2815

Ok so here begins the picture overload **you have been warned**

 blur IMG_2818 IMG_2823

 IMG_2830 IMG_2833 IMG_2839 IMG_2843 IMG_2845 IMG_2852 IMG_2853 IMG_2859 IMG_2877

 IMG_2878 IMG_2889 IMG_2897 IMG_2898 IMG_2905

 IMG_2908 IMG_2911 IMG_2918 IMG_2922 IMG_2925 IMG_2926 IMG_2930 IMG_2938 IMG_2940

 IMG_2957 IMG_2963

 IMG_2968 IMG_2949IMG_2969 IMG_2984 IMG_2986 IMG_2989 IMG_3002 

Momma also thinks that the party is not complete without an outfit change! 

 IMG_3020 IMG_3026

IMG_3006

Mike and I had a lengthy conversation later that evening about how great Lilly was, she did not mind being held by people she had never met before.  And if you know Lilly that is an amazing feat!  She even reached out for a few of our friends.  I must apologize to everyone who came though, we totally intended on opening presents, but Lilly partied so much she couldn’t even stay awake for the last 30 minutes of her party.  I promise that Lilly loves all of her gifts and has been playing with and wearing all of them!

We had a wonderful time with all of our friends and family, and cannot wait to do it again next year! 

1 comment:

Geri said...

The party was a GREAT success - and Isaw all the round food but totally missed the connection. Right over my head! Its funny that yall had a conversation about Lilly's good behavior - I was telling Apaw the same thing -she was awesome and never had a single crankyy moment.
Cute little party animal!!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter