Thursday, April 8, 2010

One year ago yesterday..

I was three days past my due day and giving Lilly and eviction notice.  She made herself too comfy and too big!  On April 7th, 2009 I went to the doctor for a baby weight check and was told that our bundle of joy was expected to be close to 9 lbs!!!!  That news led us to an induction!  We went to the hospital at 6:30pm to start the process.  Fast forward past a long sleepless night to 5:00am April 8th, Pitocin was started.  Then fast forward again to later that day past a lot of pain, water breaking, epidural, sleeping, pushing for 2 hours to 8:05pm, April 8th 2009.  After trying to push Lilly who “sunny side up” (facing up instead of down) for 2 long hours, we all decided a c-section would be best and our beautiful baby was born!  A whopping 7 lbs 12 ounces, not nearly as big as expected, but big enough and perfect in every way.

12850017

And now present day, my big one year old woke up to a car in her room!!!  Nope not a real car, but a little tikes cozy coupe.  I wish I could have seen her face when she first stood up in her crib and saw a big red and yellow thing in front of her.  After a  push around the house, we had a yummy pancake breakfast and then it was time to play! 

SDC11686   SDC11685 

Before she figured out which was was forward, She figured out how to open and close the door.

SDC11692

Arms up

SDC11705

Cutie pie!

SDC11708

1 comment:

Geri said...

Wow! I can't believe its been a year! Time flies! I agree with you - I wish I could have seen her face or known that passed through her mind when she woke up to a car in her room.

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter