Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Updates

So 2010 started out with a bang! We did some fire works on New Year Eve and New Years day, Lilly loved them!

SDC11138

In January I started training for Race for the Cure 5K.  The Saints made it to the Super Bowl for the first time ever.  With that exciting news, I went looking for some fabric to make Lilly some black and gold dresses.  I had no luck with the fabric, but I did find some black and gold tulle…tutu time!!!

I posted this picture of Lilly in her tutu and got tons of comments from friends wondering how much they were…SDC11243

So with some thought I decided to start making special order tutus and created “Lilly Pie Creations.”  Here are a few of them…

SDC11500 SDC11306 SDC11323 SDC11373 SDC11399 SDC11406 SDC11496

Oh yeah and the Saint’s won the super bowl!!! All thanks to my cupcakes :)  I’m still practicing can’t you tell.

SDC11372

SDC11354

Mardi Gras was in February.  Lilly and I went to our first parade with Mimi and Papa Jay.  We went to Poseidon in Downtown Baton Rouge, it was a lot of fun and of course all the throws go to cute kiddos like mine.

 SDC11421 SDC11422 SDC11426 SDC11428 SDC11431

In March, Daddy got a new car!!!

SDC11522

Momma, Lilly and Amaw ran the race for the cure.  We had the whole family there cheering us on.  Lilly did wonderful  throughout the whole race, she even fell asleep sometime around the 1st mile marker and stayed asleep until I finished the race.  I even managed to run it at my goal pace!

 26790_906730537805_23433985_51743391_7840325_n 26790_906730557765_23433985_51743392_5068069_n 26790_906730562755_23433985_51743393_8077381_n 27100_392456069553_564869553_5057015_20627_n

We also donated a ton of money to sears portrait studio to have Lilly’s first birthday pictures taken. 

s41226cb124011_4 s41226cb124011_5

s41226cb124011_6         s41226cb124011_7 s41226cb124011_10 s41226cb124011_12s41226cb124011_27 s41226cb124011_19s41226cb124011_20  s41226cb124011_30s41226cb124011_31s41226cb124011_32s41226cb124011_36s41226cb124011_24s41226cb124011_33

We even got in some outside time…

SDC11533 SDC11532

SDC11616 SDC11608

We slept and made some messes too!

SDC11553 SDC11554

 

I can’t believe that in a week my baby will be a year old!! Yikes, she is getting so big.  She has figured out how to open cabinets as you can see above, she can open doors if they are cracked open a little bit and she is walking behind her shopping cart.  I also made it to my nursing goal! We made it to almost a year of nursing!! Lilly decided at around 11 months to start weaning herself, which was fine with me since she already had 5 teeth.  But her doctor told me it was ok to let her wean herself and start her slowly on whole milk.  Now a week before he birthday we are still nursing once a day in the morning and the rest is whole milk.  I can’t tell you how much money we saved by avoiding formula all together.  It was a long and very painful process, in the beginning it was so hard I didn’t think that I would make it 6 weeks.  But I did and now almost a year later I can say that my baby had all “mommy milk” the first year of her life!

1 comment:

Geri said...

I can't believe its been a year! Wow! It really just seems like yesterday we were hovering around as Mike brought her out of the delivery room. Time sure does fly. I love that she is playing in the tupperware cabinet... Mike was allowed to do that too ... remind me to tell you the "play Momma" story

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter