Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lilly and Santa

Last week Lilly and I took a trip to go see Santa Claus to test her “stranger danger” response!  As usual Lilly was very skeptical  with Santa, even though Mike and I prepped her all week.  She knew Santa says, “ho ho ho Merry Christmas,”  she knew all about his red hat and she even pointed him and told me who he was the first time we walked by.  Lilly didn’t really want anything to do with Santa once she was out of the safety of her stroller! He and the photographer tried very hard to get her to warm up, they even gave her candy and a coupon for said candy (which of course she called a book).  When I finally thought she may sit by Santa I tried to put her down next to him, she practically climbed up me like a spider monkey!  To avoid the potential water works I decided to take the picture with her and Santa.  It makes sense, Lilly and Demo Deux (nope baby #2 still doesn’t have a name) should both be in the picture! 

IMG_3303

Take not the candy and “book” that Lilly and I are both holding.  If I knew that I would have been in the picture too, it would have put that stuff down.  If you think this sounded like a long drawn out visit, it was! Thank goodness we the only people visiting Santa at that time.

2 comments:

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Too cute! My friend in Virginia had to do the same thing to get her two to take a picture with Santa. How about Hadley for the new baby? That was supposed to be Cille's name at one time(before her name was Lilly, which was before it was Cille, haha), and then we could all call her H.D., like T.V.!

Geri said...

The story is PRECIOUS! And one day she will look at this and be so glad to read all about the different stages of her life. Glad future Demo Deux made it into the photo ... ya know, once this baby is born and has a name we area all likely to continue referring to her as Demo Deux. One day she'll wonder how she got that nick name and we can all point at Bridget (I think that is where the name came from???)

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter