Sunday, January 2, 2011

The big reveal

Ok so after almost a month of name suggesting from near and far our Demo Deux has a name!!  We had another ultrasound last Thursday, confirming that she really is a she!  Ok without further ado, I’ll let my new embroidery machine tell you her name!

IMG_3567

We decided to stick with all family names on this one.  Mike’s middle name is Ray, his mom’s middle name is Lynn and his grandma’s middle name is Grace.  I think this baby is going to have some strong Knoublauch genes! Lilly already calls her “baby Rae” so it looks like she already has a nickname.  Baby Raelynn is already so much different than her big sister.  I barely felt Lilly move in my tummy and this one is a little wiggle worm, I started to feel the “flutters” around 12 weeks and then around 15 weeks I was getting full on karate chops!  She has now taken a liking to kicking me right under my right ribs, I almost depend on her doing the can-can under my ribs as soon as I sit down every time!  I only hope that Raelynn takes after her big sister’s sleeping habits!  She can be a mover and a shaker during the day, but please baby sleep at night!!

Here are a few picture of baby Raelynn’s room in the making.

 SDC12897 

Before

IMG_2928

We decided to go with pink and brown. 

 IMG_2971

Here is her crib, sans mattress.  We decided to keep the bed in there until next summer, since she will be sleeping in our room for a while anyways and we are depending on having some house guests to help us out after she gets here.  I hope nobody minds sleeping in the nursery!

2 comments:

Scarlett Pourciau said...

I love the name! So much better than my suggestion. Damon's middle name is Ray, too! What are the odds? That's why Stella's middle name is Rayne.

Geri said...

I love that name too! And its so sweet that Lilly calls her Baby Rae. Mama was thrilled when I told her the name. Now you know, since she was given three middle names she is going to have to be a middle child.... I'm just saying

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter