
**WARNING** This is a rant and only a rant if it was a real post this warning would not have appeared at the beginning! HAHA ok now to begin...
We have had terrible appliance luck recently! First while we were in the hospital having Lilly our ice maker broke..not a really big deal in most places but here in LaPlace our water is not healthy so our filtered water ice maker is a life saver. Next our kitchen sink starts to leak..which got everything under the sink wet and our toilet started to run...our water is so bad it actually ate through the flap that holds the water in the tank. So we fixed the sink and the toilet but the ice maker is still on the fritz.
The next thing was the washer...I had a repair guy come out last week and charge us $85 to tell us that the transmission went out on it and to call an authorized maytag repair man. So I called the nearest repair center and they ordered the part and came out to fix the transmission today after many hand washed loads of nursing bras and baby clothes. The repair guy comes in and tells me...get this, it's not the transmission its the f'ing pump and they will have to order that part....oh and wait another week for it to get in! He did tell me that I can do little loads of laundry and the worst I can do to the washer is make the pump totally go out...so I decided to put the pump to the test and I am now on load number two...it's as loud as a jet plane but it works! I also decided to call the first repair company and demand my $85 because they were wrong and have cost me another week of no washer.
Yesterday we had an issue with our breaker box, it blew the fuse that the refrigerator was on so we had to steal a fuse from the front porch lights so all of our food would not go bad. So now I'm on a search for a fuse to replace the borrowed one.
And while we were "borrowing" the fuse...we messed up the surge protector that the t.v., xbox, cable box, and surround sound is hooked up to. Needless to say I thought we killed our very pricey surround sound...but we didn't we just blew out the plug it was plugged into.
You know the saying when it rains it pours...yeah our house is under a flash flood warning...and I hope it stops pouring on us soon. I don't want to spend any more money on fixing/replacing parts to appliance and household stuff! 

If you read this far don't say I didn't warn you it was a total rant, but I feel much better getting it off my chest!



2 comments:
Holy Cow!
What a Pain!!! Sounds like Murphey's Law is hitting yall pretty hard. I wish I could do something to help --- Tonight when I wash clothes I'll be thinking of your jet engine washer! LOL
Oh.... oops! That previous post was Geri... I thought I was signed in under my name and must have been under his. Well, hmmm, now I need to show him that post under his name where it clearly states he will be doing laundry tonight...
LMAO
Post a Comment