Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wow…three years already!

Yesterday was our three year anniversary, I cannot believe we have been married for three years!

Let’s look back…..

When I moved to Pennsylvania in April of 2005 I moved there knowing that marriage was inevitable!  We both knew that we were perfect for each other and that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with each other.  So when Mike found out he was deploying in July of 2006 we decided to go ring shopping, we picked out rings but did not buy them…hmm I should have known that there was a surprise in store :)  So on July 1st at about 7:30 in the morning Mike started digging in his nightstand drawer and then rolled over with a ring and proposed to my while I was laying in bed.  He said something to the tune of, “I know this is a big step and I should be nervous but I’m not because I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”  And of course I said YES!

We took this later that night in Somerset, PA

918684569_m

On July 18, 2006, just 8 short days before Mike deployed we got married at the Justice of Peach in Harrisburg, PA!  We had some of our closest friends from PA attend.  It was short and sweet, but perfect!  Of course Mike had to be different and didn’t say “I will” he said, “I most certainly will.” That right there just further proved to me that I was marrying the most perfect man in the world for me!

i wanna holdyour hand 

I love this picture, all because of the look on Mike’s face, he has always been so anti-emotion, but here you can truly tell how happy he is.

Wedding 031

And a *KISS* to seal the deal

the kiss

We even had a “reception”

everyone

I never thought my friends would get us a cake! But they did and we got to feed it to each other!

cake

And of course now, he’s frowning because he has realized that he’s stuck with me :)

Wedding 041 

We decided to spend our anniversary hanging out around the house and then go out to eat at Chili’s.  We had a great day and a good dinner! 

Here’s our little family before going out to eat.

107_5038

1 comment:

Geri said...

I love that story! And its so nice to see how very much in love the two of you are. The three of you make a very beautiful family!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter