Friday, July 17, 2009

The Yuck!

Last week was an interesting week to say the least.  Sunday after the 4th of July, Lilly started acting really whinny and was super sleepy.  Mike and I came to the conclusion that she was either going through a growth spurt or that she was getting sick..so we let her cuddle with us and had a lazy day.  107_5004

107_5003

Monday rolled around and Lilly seemed just fine, she played and giggled as usual so I figured it had to have been a growth spurt, well I was wrong.  Tuesday Lilly woke up after her first nap and was burning up, so I took her temperature and it was 101.5 degrees…I called the doctor immediately and they told me to bring her in and by the the time I made it to the doctors office she was up to 102.5 degrees.  She didn’t have any other symptoms, not vomiting, coughing, diarrhea or anything so they sent us to the hospital to get a full blood and urine work up.  We go to the hospital and they start to get everything together to draw her blood and they say that they can’t do a heal stick they have to get the blood out of a vein and that I needed to hold her down…eek!  I don’t mind blood at all but I don’t want to hold my almost 3 month old baby down…needless to say I did and she screamed the whole time of course.  Then we made our way back to the doctors office to get a shot of antibiotics to get her started feeling better just in case it was a urinary tract infection, they had to give it to her in two doses because it was so strong.  My poor baby had to get stuck by 3 needles in one day and that wasn’t even for her normal immunizations! 

107_5006 She was so hot we put a cool rag on her head :(

107_5007

Poor pitiful baby!

That night was rough…she had a fever all night and she wouldn’t sleep! I ended up sleeping on the floor of her room cuddled up with Doc Dog (now I wish I had a picture of that) and waking her up every four hours to give her Tylenol and feed her.  Some time in the early early morning her fever broke and we finally got some good sleep.  We found out the next day that she had a urinary tract infection and the doctor prescribed her some antibiotics, which she slurps down like nobody’s business (probably because it tastes like strawberry and it’s something different than the same ole’ breast milk).

Just when I thought all the “yuck” was done with, Mike and I decided to go and visit some friends in Baton Rouge on Friday since we were headed out there for an appointment anyways.  Well those friends spent the previous night in the hospital with what they thought was food poisoning, so not even thinking they were misdiagnosed we went over there and brought them some popsicles.  Needless to say, Sunday I came down with the super “yuck” stomach flu and ended up in bed all day not even able to take care of my dear baby! Thank goodness mike was off of work and he was able to watch her, I ended up pumping every feeding for him and letting him feed her too.  Oh and it gets better….Mike come down with the yuck Monday night! It was a horrible terrible case of stomach YUCK for both of us! I have emptied a whole can of Lysol and a whole container or Clorox wipe cleaning up everything either one of us touched in those couple of days!  I was doing everything in my power to make sure Lilly didn’t come down with it and now a week later it looks like it worked!

I learned my lesson..never, ever, ever go over to a friends house who says they have food poisoning!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter