Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fine motor skills

Genetics…mmm I think Lilly got my genes when it comes to motor skills and pure clumsiness.  I recently joined pinterest, it is by far my favorite website right now.  I found this project for Lilly to help her practice her fine motor skills.  It involves a pool noodle and a piece of string.  I found a noodle on sale at big lots the other day and decided to try it out. 

First I cut the noodle into 1” sections.

 IMG_6493

Then had Lilly pick them all up and put them in a bag

IMG_6495

I tied one noodle piece to the end of a string and had Lilly go to town.

IMG_6497

It took her a long time to figure it out, but she finally got the hang of it.

 IMG_6504

She was so proud of herself

 IMG_6508

When Daddy got home she had to show off her new “game”

IMG_6543

Look at that she got a bunch of “rings” on there!

IMG_6544

She has not played with them too much since this day, but for $1.50 it was totally worth increasing her fine motors skills just a little.  Next I may add numbers or letters to each piece and have her put them in order.

*Ok so you may be wondering where is Raelynn while Lilly is doing all this fun stuff.  Normally Raelynn is sleeping, she definitely got the sleepy gene, she has been taking a good 3 naps a day and sleeping about 11 hours at night.  Now that I wrote that here she’ll probably stop sleeping through the night or something crazy like that :)

1 comment:

Geri said...

Girl! You constantly amaze me! You and Mike are so hands on with your girls!!! Yall are just awesome! Totally love this 'game'.

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter