Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lilly’s First Day of School

Today was Lilly’s first day of school, school started 2 weeks ago but we were late enrolling her.  I’ll blame that on having a baby and loosing track of time this summer. Between dealing with a newborn and potty training, registering Lilly for school was kind of on the back burner. 

Ok back to today…Monday I asked Lilly if she wanted to go to school without Mommy and Daddy and she nodded her head.  I kept telling her over and over again that she would be there all day without Mommy and Daddy and every time she said “o.k momma,” like I get the point mom bring me to school! So after touring the school, making a nap mat, packing a lunch and backpack we were ready to drop our doodle bug off for her first day of school!  Mike took the day off so he could be there at drop off and pick up, I think really she was very happy to have both parents (and little sister) drop her off at school and then be there to pick her up at the end of the day. 

This morning Lilly woke up and asked me if today was a “gool” day.  She was pretty excited about going, excited about carrying her backpack, excited about her new nap mat and excited about school all around!  Here are a few pictures I took before we left the house.

IMG_7252

Lilly posing with Tigger in her backpack..of course he went with her

IMG_7261

Look how excited she is!

IMG_7271

Woah..looks like those soccer skills are helping her coordination a little :)

We had a successful drop off, no tears were shed (neither momma nor Lilly), she went straight for the yellow frog that she played with the other day when we toured her class room.  We actually stayed a little while to talk to her teacher and Lilly disappeared to go play, she did so much better than I expected.  I really thought she would cry her little eyes out (like she used to when I dropped her off at the same place for my mom’s group), but she didn’t and was happy as a clam. 

Mike and I came home and played with Raelynn like she was and only child..Raelynn also had a wonderful day!  At 3:00 sharp (ok maybe a little earlier) we went to pick Lilly up from school.  She was happy to see us but more concerned about her popsicle (cake pop) that another mom brought as a treat for the end of the day.  Lilly’s teachers said she was great, the only hiccup was that she didn’t want to go potty so she wet through her pull up at nap time.  Oh and she decided not to sleep at nap time.  So we picked up our grumpy girl in a fresh new outfit and came home.  After an hour or so of grumpy mess this happened…

IMG_7277

She zoned out like this on the couch for over an hour!

Lilly went to bed about 15 minutes early tonight…that is a sign of a very successful day in my opinion! 

3 comments:

Geri said...

OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh!
So, Momma and Lilly made it without tears, wish I could say the same for Amaw and Apaw! My eyes are watering just looking at the photos again. Sounds like she had a great day. And isn't it good that this gives Raelynn some time for a little one-on-one time.
Great job Mike and Katie!!!!

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Yay, Lilly! What a big girl! I am so proud! Whose class is she in?

Katie D. said...

She's in Mrs. Cherakee's class and loves her!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter