Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A new way to play with beads!

Mike and I have been trying for months and months to teach Lilly how to use a spoon an fork correctly.  She just didn’t get it, I personally think she likes her food too much and the fork or spoon slows her down.  She was the same way with walking, she knew crawling was much faster so she didn’t want to waste her time doing the franken-toddler walk, she just crawled until she could walk pretty much.  I’ve been obsessed with pinterest lately and I found an awesome fine motor skills activity that would also help Lilly learn how to use a spoon…sweet kill two birds with one stone!  The goal is to transfer beads from one bowl to the other with only the spoon.  Lilly loves this “game” she asks to play it all the time AND she is getting better at using the spoon too!

 IMG_6824 IMG_6829 IMG_6857 IMG_6861 IMG_6862

After Lilly played with the beads she helped (I use that term very loosly) me give Raelynn a bath.  Raelynn just learned how much fun it is to kick everything that touches her feet, including water!  Lilly and I both got soaked.

 IMG_6874 IMG_6875 IMG_6877

I have a video but my either my computer or my camera is being funky so I’ll have to post those later.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter