Thursday, February 2, 2012

arject…arts and crafts + project

Lilly has gone from from saying “arts and craps” to “arjects,”  I love toddler talk it is hilarious!  I have been trying to transform the playroom/office/computer room.  It started out primarily as a computer room for Mike with a treadmill in it for me.  Then we added some toys for Lilly, and then when Raelynn came along I  moved Lilly Pie Creations in.  So the space has kind of turned into a family play room.  We each pretty much have our own wall.  Lilly uses the playroom a lot to color and play away from Raelynn with her “big girl toys” so I have been trying to come up with something to put on the wall above her table.  I found some really pretty crayon art on pinterest and decided to give it a try. I thought Lilly would enjoy doing this “arject” with me, so I waited until Raelynn went down for her morning nap and Lilly and I got to work.

 IMG_9664

Supplies: a big canvas, hot glue gun, crayons, blow dryer.

IMG_9662

Lilly helped me sort the crayons

IMG_9665

And we took out all the browns, blacks, greys and tans.  I used three 24 packs of crayons that I got for $1 each at big lots.

IMG_9663

I put them all in order

IMG_9666

Then started gluing them at the top of the canvas.

IMG_9673

I then played around with my camera, all the vibrant colors we begging me to take pictures.

IMG_9678

Lilly lost interest after about 5 minutes so she started coloring with her own crayons

IMG_9692

We took the canvas outside and went to town with the blow dryer.  Make sure to put it on something you don’t mind getting melted crayon on!

IMG_9695

This is the finished project, apparently my blow dryer is weird.  It made the wax go in weird directions instead of straight down, but I like the way it turned out.  I have another canvas, that I may let Lilly pick out the colors for.  I’m sure it will be all “PANK”

IMG_9426

Here is a picture of Lilly Pie Creations, it has changed a little since the picture was taken but I figured since this is part of our play room I should add the picture.

1 comment:

Geri said...

Have I told you lately what an awesome mother you are? I so totally love this craft - I bet it looks great hanging over the color table. Your girls are lucky to have parents who are so involved and hands-on

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter