Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A LOT of Love

This is the first year that Lilly really understands what each of the holidays are about, so of course the holiday all about pink, hearts and love really excited her.  Last week Lilly’s school sent home a pink card and asked us to write a love not to our kiddo so it could hang on their classroom wall.  Here is Lilly’s note.

IMG_9749 IMG_9750

Lilly and I made Valentine’s for Mimi, Amaw and Apaw. I did the cutting and Lilly did the coloring.

 IMG_9705 IMG_9708 IMG_9709 IMG_9710 IMG_9711

Now on to Valentine’s Day..I figured it would be fun to make themed meals.  We started out with pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast.  They were a big hit!

 IMG_9817

They started out pink

IMG_9816 

Then turned a little brown..but still good!

IMG_9821

Lilly loved her heart shaped pancakes

IMG_9813

Raelynn loved her first taste of pancakes

IMG_9822

 

Then we made a valentine for Daddy

  IMG_9841

And Lilly shouted “happy valentine’s day”

IMG_9849

And modeled her owl valentine’s outfit.

IMG_9851IMG_9843 

Raelynn had a cute outfit too, but I didn’t get a picture of her in it.  We had a small naptime diaper explosion. Here’s a picture of it from LPC.

IMG_9522

After Raelynn woke up from her nap and we had a heart themed lunch on a pink plate.

IMG_9859

And finally when Daddy got home we gave the girls their Valentine’s gifts.  Again bad mommy didn’t get pictures of Raelynn with her toy, but take my word for it she loved her ball.  Lilly has been obsessed with My Little Pony lately so I was super excited to find this “pinkie pie” on the clearance isle at Wally World.

IMG_9878 IMG_9870 IMG_9874

And last but not least, a picture of the girls playing together from the other day.

 IMG_9759 IMG_9761

I guess I should say here that Mike and I aren’t big fans of Valentine’s Day we don’t typically give each other gifts, so I am pretty amazed that I went all out and did a themed day.  I guess being a mommy makes themed meals, activities and outfits cool!  Oh I did get Mike one present, a nice big steak meal that I made for dinner.

1 comment:

Geri said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you? The pink themed day is awesome and your family looks so happy. I love the smiles in these photos. Yall are doing such a great job being hands on parents!!!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter