Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baby Product Review

Ok, so I didn't think that I would be one of "those" mom's that give people advice on stuff but I find myself talking to my friends and telling them how cool or how I can't live without certain baby products! So I'm going to post it here instead:



I actually borrowed the Avent breast pump from a friend because they were not selling it while I was pregnant. This has been a lifesaver, it has no tubes (bottles screw directly into it), you can plug it in, use a battery pack or use it manually, its small and fits in just about every diaper bag!

This is the microwave sterilizer that I use on a daily basis, the pump fits in it perfectly, and it only takes 4 minutes to sterilize any size of the avent bottle and nipples. I know you don't have to sterilize bottles every time, but it just makes life easy you don't have to boil water or run the dishwasher.
This is the new monitor I bought after our crazy fisher price one crapped out on us. Its Safety First brand, it had DECT technology, which from my understanding doesn't run on frequency's like traditional monitor (so it won't catch interference with cell phones or other electronics). It is fantastic!! It has rechargeable batteries, crystal clear reception, can work 1,000 feet from the baby unit, and is not too big either. I have heard people complain that it is too quiet, but it is actually the same volume as the baby, unlike other monitors it doesn't turn louder than the baby's actual volume level (does that make any sense), so you cannot set it down and go super far away from it, but that's ok because it works for such a long distance. I HEART THIS MONITOR!



This is Lilly's slumber bear, it makes womb noises; aka white noise. And it put me and Mike to sleep that's how great it works. It turns off after about 5 minutes and then if baby cries or moves a lot near it, it will turn on again for another 5 minutes. I always tell Lilly when she cries and it turns on that she woke up her teddy bear and he wants to go back to sleep :)
And last but certainly not least the Boppy! This thing is an arm saver. I use it every time I nurse Lilly which is 6 or 7 times a day, and she sits in it next to me on the couch all the time. Mike also uses it when he gets the seldom chance to feed her. I brought it to the hospital, used it as a pillow, back rest and a way to keep Lilly close to me without her sitting on my C-Section incision.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter