Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lilly's first night in her own crib...

Last night was Lilly's first night in her crib!! She did wonderfully, the technology in our house did not. She had a bath then I nursed her for a little bit and read her a story..the normal bedtime routine, just in another room. The pink chair worked out just fine by the way. And then at 8:00 we put her down in her crib and she did her normal, cooing and talking to herself then she fell asleep. Of course I went into her room and checked on her about 200 times, but she was fine. I then went to bed around 10:00pm last night with the monitor on in our room. At around midnight Mike came to bed and woke me up asking me, "do you hear that?" And of course I did not because I was asleep! The monitor was picking up a mans voice and a ton of static. It totally creeped me out! I have complained about that stupid monitor since Lilly was born, it picks up static, feedback and now voices from other houses!! We decided to turn the monitor off and bring Lilly in our room for the rest of the night.

This is the devil monitor that we have now replaced!!

I went to babies r' us this morning to get another one...hopefully it works better than the last one :) Needless to say I"m very happy that my baby did great in her own room last night, but our stupid monitor had to ruin it!!

1 comment:

Geri said...

Big Girl Lilly! Sleeping in her own bedroom!
And how creepy for a man's voice to come over the baby monitor... I think there was a movie like that where the monitor was picking up the neighbors house.
I love that you are reading to Lilly before bed. That is great! Joe did that with all his kids... I did it for a short period with Mike, but wish I had done it longer than I did. Thats a great tradition for you and Lilly to share.

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter