Do you remember two years ago when we celebrated Lilly’s first half birthday? Well keeping with tradition I decided to make another half birthday cake for all of the April birthdays (Lilly, Raelynn and myself) in our house. Lilly choose chocolate cake and pink frosting..smart girl knows how much Mommy loves chocolate!
The first steps, leveling the cake then putting the filling inside
Crumb coat then in the freezer
After the crumb coat set I iced it and decorated it, then back in the freezer..I wanted it to stay nice and moist until the next day.
At first it looks like a plain ole’ birthday cake
Then you look at it from another angle
It’s only half a cake! I put lots of sprinkles and some luster dust on it to make it sparkle. All girls like sparkles!
Just an artsy shot I took
The cake only took up half of the batter so I also made 24 mini cupcakes and froze them. We will be eating those soon with mint icing on top of them. Daddy got to choose the icing of the cupcakes since he had to eat the pink sparkly cake last time :)



1 comment:
Pretty cake... and it taste even better than it looks! Super moist - Apaw raved on it!!!
Post a Comment