Saturday, October 8, 2011

Organizing OCD

Have I mentioned that I love Pinterest??  Not only have I gotten tons of new recipes and great activities for the girls, I have also gotten some great new organizational ideas.  I keep running across “pins” with these beautiful weekly menu planners and dry erase boards for to do lists and other planning stuff.  I’m a huge planner and list maker so the idea of a craft that helped me stay organized made this crafty mommy a happy camper! 

After lots of planning I decided on a weekly menu board for the kitchen and an area by the door to the garage to hold paper and a place to hang backpacks, purses and lunch boxes.  I’m super happy how it all turned out!

 IMG_7527

My helper

IMG_7528

This is just a plain old cork board, I used my favorite damask fabric, some adhesive spray and my cake icing spatula to make it look like this.

 IMG_7537

Clothes pins, fabric strips and DIY mod podge to make the clips

IMG_7580

I hot glued thumb tacks to the back of the clothes pins

IMG_7583

Finished product, there are 7 clothes pins to hold a meal for each day of the week. When I shop I make sure I get enough dinner for 7 meals each week, I don’t plan what day we eat them though.  Under that there’s a pocket for recipes and a pocket to hold the strips of paper with the meals printed on them.  I still need to get those printed out. And under it there are 2 more clothes pins to clip important things to, right now there is a McDonald’s monopoly piece for free medium french fries :)

 

Project #2

 IMG_7582

This is a 8”x10” picture frame that I put a piece of fabric in.  Now it’s a dry erase board!

IMG_7576

Heavy duty magnets for the magnet board

IMG_7588

I hot glued these clear decorative “marbles” to the magnets to make them look pretty

IMG_7586

Magnet board, I bought the magnet board and glued this fabric to it and used my handy cake icing spatula again to push the fabric under the frame.

IMG_7584

2 dry erase boards (picture frames) and one magnet board

IMG_7575

Hooks for the wall

IMG_7585

Here’s the prep work, I used the 3M picture hangers so I didn’t put a million holes in the wall.  I’m not very good at finding studs in the wall so I also used some anchors to attach a 1”x3” piece of wood to the wall for the hooks.

IMG_7591 

Finished product! There are two dry erase boards (one blank and one with the days of the week) and a magnet board in the middle. Under that a 1”x3” piece of wood painted the same color as the wall with four hooks to hang stuff on.

 

In addition to all of this I had an extra 11”x14” frame that I put some pretty pink and white dumask fabric in to create a dry erase board for my Lilly Pie Creations work space. 

1 comment:

Geri said...

You are so creative!!! Love all the crafting you are doing. Is LPC branching out or were you doing this just for organizational reasons? Wither way, GREAT JOB!

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter