Friday, October 28, 2011

Water Beads

I have been seeing a lot of posts on pinterest with sensory bottles, trays and other fun things for toddlers.  I ran across one with something called water beads and they looked like a lot of fun.  I should put a disclaimer here, I’m pretty sure there are water beads made especially for toddlers, but I used the beads from the floral section at Wal-mart. Yes they are a choking hazard, but I told Lilly not to put them in her mouth and sat with her while she was playing with them. 

 IMG_8106

Lilly playing with the beads about an hour after we put them in the water

IMG_8126

Little hands

IMG_8129

There are 4 beads in this little green bowl, I kept them separate to remind Lilly how little they were when we started.

IMG_8137

It looks like pink water in the bowl until you put your hand in and find beads

 IMG_8156

The next day, Lilly was comparing the size of the beads compared to the day before

IMG_8163

Look at how big they are!

IMG_8159

I didn’t take any water out of the bowl, those beads absorbed all of it (about 2 quarts).

 

This was a very fun experiment, Lilly thought it was really neat to see how big they grew in a day.  I even caught myself playing with the beads a little while Lilly was at school :)

1 comment:

Geri said...

You have the best ideas! These little experiments are great learning experiences for the girls. I just love how "hands on" you are with the girls.

Swidget 1.0

Hit Counter